CloudShell API Overview
Quali's CloudShell APIs allow you to interact with and automate CloudShell for enhanced, customizable platform management, functionality, and usability.
CloudShell applications have multiple APIs, which enable you to get services from the Quali Server and to utilize CloudShell's capabilities for Shell automation, blueprint orchestration, sandbox deployment and test automation. Using Quali's CloudShell APIs, you can integrate between CloudShell and third-party applications in the DevOps ecosystem, such as a continuous integration solution like Jenkins (or any web application).
CloudShell APIs can be classified as outbound and inbound APIs. In other words, APIs that are used to serve CloudShell in a wider context (Sandbox API), like CI/CD processes, and APIs used to extend CloudShell automation and orchestration.
- Sandbox API: Used for consuming and interacting with public blueprints and sandboxes
- Automation API: Used for sandbox orchestration and administrative operations in CloudShell
- Quali API: Used for managing automation suites and sandbox attachments, and importing and exporting blueprint packages
- Packaging API: Used for modifying blueprint packages
For additional details about each API, see below.
A RESTful API designed to facilitate blueprint consumption for any CI and DevOps activity. It enables you to automate the deployment of CloudShell sandboxes and interact with sandbox components, and integrates with CI platforms such as Jenkins or Jetbrains TeamCity. CloudShell Sandbox API comes with an API gateway, which enables to interact with CloudShell without direct access to the server. For details, see CloudShell Sandbox API.
This API is an official python package utilizing XMLRPC protocol to communicate with CloudShell. It's designed to automate CloudShell from Python scripts and drivers. Since XML RPC is a TestShell API element, CloudShell Automation API also includes TestShell API functionality. For details, see TestShell API, or check out the CloudShell Automation API Reference Guide.
To learn how to implement this API in .NET or XML RPC, see TestShell API.
A RESTful API designed to control the scheduling and queuing of test automation suites. Quali API can be used in several protocols (C#, TCL). This API is also used for importing and exporting packages and Shells, getting sandbox attachments, and execution server details. For details, see Quali API, or check out the appropriate Quali API reference guide:
- Quali API Library Reference Guide: is available by default in the TestShell Studio tools and can be added as a DLL asset to a project in CloudShell Authoring, the driver builder.
- Quali API C# Reference Guide: for .NET
- Quali API REST Reference Guide: for APIs using the REST client
The default port for Quali API in the Quali Server is 9000.
Designed to automate the creation and configuration of CloudShell blueprint packages. For details, see Packaging API.