What's New in Version 2022.2
In this article:
QualiX 4.1 - new release
This new version features several fixes and enhancements.
- Support for libssh2 version 1.10, allowing QualiX to create SSH connections to distributions that no longer support ssh-rsa handshakes, such as Ubuntu 22.04 and Kali Linux
- Fixed wmks console authentication flow (Supported for vCenter cloud provider shell 5.0.5 and above)
Enabled environment variables in Docker, allowing you to automate Kubernetes setup. Now you can set GUACD_HOSTNAME as env variable when starting the container.
Updated Docker integration to work with the new docker-compose-plugin
- Updated Ubuntu and RHEL ova files, and Docker installation script (available on Quali's Download Center)
vCenter Cloud Provider 2G shell - new releases
Releases 4.2.5 - 5.0.5 feature several bug fixes and the following enhancements:
- The VM details pane now shows the size of each disk in the VM
The Behavior During Save attribute is now visible in the App deployment paths and is set to inherit the Behavior During Save behavior from the vCenter resource:
- Autoload and IP Regex attributes are now visible in the App deployment paths
- Automatically remove the App's newly created vCenter folder if cloning the VM fails (during App deployment)
- Template auto-complete support for VM From Linked Clone deployment path
For details, see VMware vCenter.
Azure Cloud Provider 2G shell - new release
Release 2.5.0 features the following enhancements and bug fixes:
- Autoload and Enable IP Forwarding are now available on the App deployment paths
- Added Managed Identity authorization to Azure Shell
- Added KeyVault attribute (and SSHKeys processing) to the Azure shell resource
- Added Availability Zones attribute to the Azure shell resource and App deployment paths
- Fixed several bugs related to storage account creation, VM details display, and extension script executions
For details, see Microsoft Azure.
This release includes the following features and enhancements.
In some cases, your global inputs may include unusually long values (in json format for example). To display those values to the sandbox end-user, we've added the capability to customize the size (width and length) of the text boxes. For details, see Resizing the value box of "text" global inputs.
Last used connection type for new endpoint connections
To help you speed up your blueprint creation process, new connection lines are created with the last used connection type, provided the type is supported for the requested connection.
TestShell Terminal update
We've updated the Terminal tool to allow you to SSH into your devices that use the latest authentication and encryption algorithms.
Run custom New Job Scheduling suite executions
It is now possible to run modified versions of New Job Scheduling suite executions in seconds, without having to create new suites. This option is great if you want to run a slightly modified version of an existing suite. Simply click the desired suite's Custom Run button, modify the settings and run. For details, see Running Custom Suite Executions.
Jira integration for New Job Scheduling test execution
To help you with troubleshooting failed tests, we've added the capability to create Jira issues for specific test executions and also link existing ones directly from the New Job Scheduling portal. For details, see Associating Jira Issues to Test Executions.
CloudShell Automation API:
AddTopologiesToDomainhas a new option to skip adding resources to domain. To do so, set ValidateResourceAvailability=False. For example:
api.AddTopologiesToDomain("Target domain", ["Bluerprint-to-add"] , ValidateResourceAvilability=False)
- Added the option of getting and posting connected commands to the following existing APIs:
Sandbox API now returns any resource conflicts, allowing you to better troubleshoot reservation errors and find alternative solutions. This applies to the following APIs:
Providing more out-of-the-box shells speeds up time to value with CloudShell. The 2022.2 list includes the following new shell releases:
- OpenStack Cloud Provider Shell 2G 1.1.0-1.2.0
- Arista EOS Router Shell 2G 2.0.0, 2.0.1
- BreakingPoint Chassis Shell 2G 3.0.0
BreakingPoint Controller Shell 2G 3.0.0
- ByteBlower Chassis Shell 2G 3.0.2
- ByteBlower Controller Shell 2G 3.0.2
Cisco ACI Ports Autoload Shell 2G 1.0.2
- Cisco Nexus L1 Shell 1.0.0
- Cumulus Linux Switch Shell 2G 2.0.0
FortiGate FortiOS Firewall Shell 2G 1.1.3-1.14
- Generic Static vCenter VM Shell 2G 1.0.0
Ixia Chassis Shell 2G 3.0.1
- Ixia IxLoad Controller Shell 2G 3.1.0
Ixia IxNetwork Controller Shell 2G 3.1.2
Juniper JunOS Firewall Shell 2G 3.0.3
Juniper JunOS Router Shell 2G 3.0.4
Juniper JunOS Switch Shell 2G 3.0.4
NVIDIA Onyx Switch Shell 2G 1.0.0
PaloAlto PanOS Firewall Shell 2G 2.0.0
PaloAlto PanOS Firewall Shell 2G 2.0.0
SDN Opendaylight Shell 2G 1.0.0
Spirent TestCenter Chassis Shell 2G 3.1.1
Spirent TestCenter Controller Shell 2G 3.1.0
- VMware vCenter Cloud Provider Shell 2G 5.0.3, 4.2.4, 5.0.4, 4.2.5, 5.0.5
VyOS Deployment App Shell 2G 1.0.1
Xena Chassis Shell 2G 3.1.0
Xena Controller Shell 2G 3.2.0
- Netscout TestStream L1 Shell 5.0.2
Pluribus VLE L1 Shell v2.1.0
You can download shells and review their documentation from our Community's Integrations page. For additional information, see Cloud Provider Shells - Features and Capabilities Per Release.